Jobless, Unemployed, Etc.

Yet again another twelve o'clock night. Having a job would not permit me to be staying up and sleeping in all the time, but lack there of does. 

So lost my job after 3 months for good reason. Well maybe I had a good reason for letting it happen but they weren't exactly innocent either. I mean i should have called more frequently but I didn't. They should have answered the phones when I did.
 It sucks not knowing whether you have a job or not. The anxiety kills you. Its like waiting to hear about someone on their deathbed. You know the outcome your just praying and hoping that your worst thought wouldn't come true. In my life it seems that most of negative thoughts and feeling come true. I think i've gotten past that thought, thinking everything bad thing happens to me. With having God in my life now I know its not true. I'll talk about that some other time.
My accelerated unemployment started right after Christmas, Christmas of all days. Kayla and I went up to Jersey to visit family. I wasn't quite sure how it was going to work out knowing i had work the next day. I has already told my supervisor I wouldn't be there more likely than be there. In the rush of getting ready, packing, and dressing up for Christmas Eve service, I forgot my phone charger. So Kayla and I packed my little piece of crap car and left for service, hmmm with the three Miller kids. FUN! Those kids really don't listen to anybody other than Kevin and Jada. Well not even them most of the time, but kids are kids.  So service was undoubtedly amazing. The amount of people that showed up just to worship Him was astounding. Aside from that after chatting and cookies we left. 
We got to New Jersey sometime around four or five. (We had made a pit stop in Salisbury Maryland to see some pretty important people, Kayla texted Brian and told him we were coming. He in turn told Nicole. It was mostly to surprise Caitlin. She works an outrageous schedule. So tipping off Brian we would ensure she would be there. We got there she WAS surprised. It was great and sad at the same time seeing friends but being able to stay. Thats all I have to say about that. =) )That drive was near hellish. So Christmas day I spent with my family, Kayla spent sleeping. :) Anyway my phone was dead. At that point realized that I was screwed for my phone until we got home. So blah blah Christmas Dinner. Then I left my house to go get Kayla to bring back to my house. Instead I became instantly sick. I mean really really sick. I couldn't stand it. I was cold, shivering, sweating, my throat hurt, nauseous, headache, and was overwhelmingly tired. Plain and simple I was sick.So Kayla said she would call in the morning to let the know I was sick and calling out. OH! but wait she couldn't because my phone was dead. Hmmm how would she get the numbers. Exactly. So that was the first of many days of not calling in.
We spent some time with our families sort of cause I was still not feeling good the next day. We then headed home around 5 or 6. Not exactly the scheduled time we had expected to leave but I really didn't want to drive. Kayla had offered to drive the whole way but I really couldn't expect her to do that since she has never driven that long before. So i drove from Jersey to Maryland. About three and half hours for the half. She then drove the other two and a half from Maryland to Virginia. We got home around one in the morning, maybe. The last hour or so of the trip was quite comical, because I think she was just a tid bit tired. Also the fact that people were improperly using their signals,  these amazing sing-along songs kept coming on, and every now again when I would look at the road it would be swerving a lil back and forth. So I'm glad we actually made it home. Then lo and behold we both call out the next day.
So after significant not calling in, just because I was afraid of the outcome, I lost my job.  I'm not even really sure they knew who I was to fire me anyway. But here is the killer. I was not told by anyone in the company I was fired, face to face or over the phone. Our next door neighbor who is a supervisor there( the person that got me the job), told Kevin.  Which to my recently learned knowledge your not, by law, allowed to do that. Hmmm fun stuuf right?
So more than 30 or so applications later, still no job. 

 

0 Responses to Jobless, Unemployed, Etc.